Sunday, January 28, 2024

Masculine Winter Birthday Card

 


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 85th month of de-stash, so we are at the end of our 7th year of challenges.  I cannot believe my thought about using what we have is now 7 years old!   I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!  This is the first one for 2024 and we have themes set for all of the months.


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Anna posted our January challenge--We have a number of January birthdays in my family, all men.  Make a winter birthday card for a man.

I picked a Stampin' Up set called Christmas Barn and it also has a set of coordinating dies called Barn. I stamped the barn with Taylored Expressions Mulled Wine and die cut the image.  I also die cut the fence from the same die set.  I picked a birthday sentiment from the Stampin' Up Hey Chuck set and stamped with Chocolate Truffle.  I then die cut the sentiment  and a backer with Taylored Expression Modern Sentiment Label dies. I added some twine behind the sentiment.   I added some clear Wink of Stella in the snow around the barn for some shine.  I then used Frosted Lace Stickles along the fence for some added snow.  The background paper is from Carta Bella Let it Snow-Pretty Pines.  

 



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSJAN.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For February, I am up to give our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Christmas Barn Stamp Set/Barn Die Set, Hey Chuck Stamp Set

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White; Stampin' Up Old Olive, Early Espresso; Carta Bella Let It Snow-Pretty Pines

Ink: Taylored Expressions Chocolate Truffle, Mulled Wine

Accessories:  Wink of Stella-Clear; Frosted Lace Stickles;  Twine; Taylored Expressions Modern Sentiment Labels Dies

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful card Barb, and you used the challenge to perfection
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your masculine winter-time birthday card looks great. I love the barn and that amazing fence, too!

Margaret said...

This is gorgeous and so creative with the different textures and added stickles.