Friday, August 7, 2020

Crafters of Faith

This is my August Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS and we are well in our 4th year.  Liz is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Isaiah 60:19 - The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.

Challenge:  on this sunny, summery month, use a radial pattern on your card, whether sun rays, radial stenciled lines, or scraps cut and arranged in a radial design. Have fun and be creative!

I picked a Picket Fence Stencil called Glass Window Sunshine and used Brutus Monroe Frosted Window Pane Glitter Glaze.  The background cardstock is black, but with the glitter glaze, it actually looks blue!  I stamped the sentiment from the Big News Stampin' Up set set and die cut with Taylored Expressions Bracket Stacklet dies. I really like the look of this card! And, I think with the shimmery glitter, it is the perfect wedding card!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:

I hope Liz and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Dawn is up for our September challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Big News

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Class Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Basic Black

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Inside Bracket Stacklets; Picket Fence Glass Window Sunshine; Brutus Monroe Frosted Window Pane Glitter Glaze




3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Barb - love that background! Must look amazing IRL, as it looks impressive in the photos
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous, Barb!

Margaret said...

Stunning background. Great job with the challenge.