Saturday, August 15, 2020

Mixed Up Cake Party!


It is the 15th of the month and that means I am showing you a new Dueling Darlings card.  And, it is out 10th Anniversary or Birthday for this group and we are celebrating!  We have been celebrating in the thread for the past month and it has been a blast.  Our leaders, Kelly and Jeanette have posted party games and it has been a blast!  For this month's card, Kelly sent everyone on both teams a kit so Jeanette even got one to play with.  And, there has been a shake-up of a sort for the groups this round.  When Kelly made the two sets of kits--one set of 6 for the Dazzlers and the other set for the Divas, she asked someone in her house to put a kit in an envelope and sealed it up. So-when Kelly sent out the kits and even probably opened her own, the kit might have been for the same group or the other. So--when I received my Party Card kit, there was a note that for the August Duel, I am a Dazzler!  And, there were fun things in the kit too--a banner, a noisemaker and lots of fun confetti!

The sweet image I received is from The Cat's Pajamas called Forget About the Cake. I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers and cut the image and layer from Sizzix Dotted Ovals.  I also received some great sheets of pretty party patterned paper, so I used two layers as the background.  There were some a variety of fun embellishments.  I did a "Kelly" and used three buttons, and tucked one under the layer of the image.  I also layered some blue baker's twine over the pink ribbon on the bottom.  This was fun card kit to make up and I hope the other Dazzlers and even my former Divas like it!  


Here is the inside of my card, with one of the fun sentiments:





And, there were a couple of other items in our kit.  Kelly put a golden ticket in each of our baggies and the winning ticket number will be posted in the thread.  She also included the numbers 1 and 0 for our 10th anniversary, so I took a picture of both!

 
I hope all of the Darlings--my new Dazzler team and my original Divas--enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month.  Beth and Heather are the hostesses for September.  Please be sure to check back next month.

There are a few members who do not have blogs: Suzy and LJ who are on the Diva team and Debby and 
Terry S who are Dazzlers. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful PARTY creations this month!

Image/Sentiment:  The Cat's Pajamas Forget About the Cake

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Rococo Rose, Bumblebee, Seaside Spray; Photo Play Sweet Tooth Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Sizzix Dotted Oval Dies Dies; Buttons; Rose Ribbon and Blue Baker's Twine; Copic Sketch Markers




9 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I can't believe it - after 10 years, we're on the same team (for just this month). It's sure been a great 10 years, hasn't it?

Your card is so cute... just adorable! The die you used for the bunny is a great one with the pierced outline. I love your many layers and how you used so many items in the kit. And the inside of your card is great, too!

Suzy Sprague said...

Cute card, Barb. I love all the layers you used. The inside looks great! Happy 10th!

Tracie said...

Great card Barb. Love all the layers.

Judy McMullen said...

Fun card, Barb! So delicious inside and out!! Happy Dueling Day! I've so enjoyed being a Diva with you these past 10 years and receiving all the great card kits you have sent, many my favs! Well, today I am a Dazzler so I guess we are dueling on different teams for a change!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Cute, cute, cute! Layering the twine on top of the ribbons is a nice touch. Nice layout with your trademark of perfect panels! Love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Barb - love those bunny ears coming out of the cake :) Your accents work together beautifully, especially those touches of blue
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Cute card. You rocked the embellishments. Nice colouring and finish to the inside of your card.

terry serman said...

Really cute card!

Margaret said...

Your card is so adorable. A cute image and great layout and papers. You do great as either a Diva or a Dazzler.