Saturday, August 8, 2020

Sweet Dreams


This is my August card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 54th month and the theme for August is "Let the Sunshine (and the moon and the stars)".  

I first decided on the background as I knew I wanted to use a stencil for this card.   I picked a Echo Park Paper Baby stencil called Sweet Dreams.  I then used a jar of French Rose Nuvo Mousse and it really has some fun texture.  The sentiment is from Penny Black and is called Babies.  It is one of my favorite older wooden stamps. I added some pink ribbon and some white sequins for some bling!   I think this is a fun card.



Here is the inside of my card with a strip of Washi tape:



I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has already posted the September theme and the ones for the rest of the year.  Be sure to come back in to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Babies

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Up Melon Mambo, Blushing Bride

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink Stitched Ribbon; Echo Park Paper Sweet Dreams Baby Stencil; Nuvo Mousse French Rose; White Sequins;




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Awwww such a sweet sentiment on this cute card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous card Barb - love the background and that sentiment id such a sweet one
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine