Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Messiness Grows!


Today is time for another Hot Mess card and this is card number 13. We are now starting year two and we have added 2 new messy ladies to our group--Carol and Darlene!  The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are now a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I used some of my Tim Holtz alcohol inks and a bottle of alcohol pearl ink.  I dropped the colors on Yupo paper and used some blending solution along with an air blower to move the colors around.  I then dropped some pearl on the top and moved it around just a bit.   The die sentiment is MFT-My Favorite Things and edge is from Pretty Pink Posh called Scallop Borders.  They were cut from Silver Metallic and the words were layered three times. A few silver sequins are the final touch!


Here is the inside of my card, with a thin strip trimmed from the front:


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs.  And, welcome Carol and Darlene to our group!   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on September 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  My Favorite Things-MFT Thank You Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Yupo; Stampin' Up Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green; Bindakote Silver Glossy Metallic

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Pearl Ink

Accessories:  Pretty Pink Posh Scallop Border; Silver Sequins




5 comments:

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Barb. I love your card. I love how the background turned out. I love the sentiment and border done in silver and the inside is perfect as well. Great job!!!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your background looks awesome, Barb. Lovely card, too! I'm curious about the air blower. Hmmmm... you might need to do a tutorial! ;)

MiamiKel said...

Total fun! LOVE these colors! This reminds me of the card we started the group with - and it's a FUN favorite technique. I didn't have such great success with the alcohol blower - glad you love yours and are working magic!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, this is BREATHTAKING! I need s phone tutorial before I could try this...that and a bit of a shopping trip for some items. (wink) This card is stunning and anyone lucky enough to receive it should really appreciate it!

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely stunning use of the AI's Barb, and an amazing card - love it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine