Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Sparkle With Words!


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for August, our 40th month!  That means we are into our 4th year--YAY!



Kelly provided the challenge for August: Sparkle With Words! 

Kelly sent each of us a different word that is die cut from sweet sparkly cardstock.  We are to make a card with only that die cut word and no stamps!  


Ready? Set? Go!

I received the word Happy!  It sure is pretty and I thought a black and gray card would be a perfect match.  I used one of my favorite Stampin' Up embossing folders called Tufted for some texture on the background.  I then added a few black rhinestones on various spots for more shimmer.  


Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in September! 

Image/Sentiment: Sparkly Happy Die Cut

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Basic Gray, Basic Black;

Ink: None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Tufted Embossing Folder; Black Rhinestones




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, the textured background is subtle enough to make the word really stand out, but adds just a touch of elegance to the card, too. Lovely!

MiamiKel said...

Mmmm K. Where to start! This is just GORGEOUS. And handome. So it's GORsome? It's both girly with the glitz and silver and black (I'm seeing silver slilettos and an LBD in my head!) yet very elegant enough to be masculine with the backdrop .......... it's just pretty flipping wonderful!
I hope you're having a relaxing time - awesome card! Thanks for embracing this challenge - not so hard this month :)

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW -= this is so dramatic Barb - love it, you have really made a stunning card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine