Thursday, November 12, 2020

A Child is Born


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 1 and we are well into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I first picked a brand new to me die from Creative Expressions called A Child is Born Edger Die. I just bought a week or so ago at a local stamp store--one of the few left in our area.  I knew I wanted to use the die with some Rose Gold MirriLava that I recently purchased from The Paper Cut. I then picked out some Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks--Stream, Eggplant and Sailboat Blue to put on a blender brush.  I put a few drops of each color on a piece of felt and then swiped my brush from top to bottom over a piece a Crystal Diamond Print Glitter cardstock, also from The Paper Cut.  That gives the sky a bit of sparkle!  It was messy and I had blue fingers to prove it!   A few vintage shimmer pearls from Studio Katia are the final touch!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the rose gold foil


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each month, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on December 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Creative Expressions A Child is Born Edger Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Paper Cut Crystal Diamond Print Glitter, Rose Gold MirriLava; Stampin' Up Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, White

Ink:  Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks-Stream, Eggplant, Sailboat Blue

Accessories:  Studio Katia Vintage Shimmer Pearls




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love the die you used - and your sky looks awesome. This is such a regal looking card!

Carol W said...

Great card Barb. I love to hear about the products you used and will have to go check them out. Great job Barb.

kiwimeskreations said...

Ohhhh Barb this is gorgeous - love the contrast of the rose gold die cut and the blue background!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just beautiful! I love the background technique- and your die is stunning too!