Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Best of Cluck!


Today is 11th month of the Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me! Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I decided when this group challenge started to only use the wooden Stampin' Up stamps that are on my bottom shelves.  So this month, I randomly picked a set called Best of Cluck!  This is also an older set as the year 2005 is on the box.    And, an interesting note about this set--it used to be owned by Gina Krupsky--yes, that Gina K of Gina K Designs!  Gina was a very successful Stampin' Up demonstrator years before she founded her own company.  She also used to have a Brick and Mortar store in McFarland, a small town outside of Madison, WI.  I frequented that store and took some class at that location too.  Gina had a stamping rummage sale a number of years ago and sold many Stampin' Up items and I bought a few stamp sets.  He name is still on the plastic clam shell and it makes me smile when I see it.  I can only hope it passes some mojo on to me to be as creative as she is!


I inked up one of the chickens and colored with my Copic Markers.  I then added the chicken feet at the bottom of the panel.  The background paper is from Taylored Expressions called Playful Patterns-Black & White.  I added a some Basic Black Baker's twine around the card as an embellishment!


Here is the inside of my card:



I like the look of my card this month and I hope you do too.  Be sure to check out Jeanette and Kelly's cards.  I am sure they have some fun cards with those "oldies but goodies" stamp sets by Stampin' Up!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Best of Cluck

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Basic Black, Crushed Curry; Taylored Expressions Playful Patterns-Black & White

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Basic Black Baker's Twine; Copic Sketch Markers




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You have one of Gina K's stamp sets - impressive! I love that bit of information from your post. I also love your fun FUN card, Barb! I think it's way too cute!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a lovely back story to the stamp set Barb, and a fabulous card too
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Lovw, love this card Barb!