Saturday, November 7, 2020

Watercolored Mailboxes



This is my November Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS and we are ending our 4th year.  Vickie is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:   Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the Lord; You have made heaven, The heaven of heavens, with all their host, The earth and everything on it, The seas and all that is in them, And You preserve them all. The host of heaven worships You.

Challenge: 
Anything Goes! Use the scripture to inspire your card.

I decided I wanted to watercolor this month.  I picked a fun Northwoods Rubber Stamp that features three mailboxes, all decked out for the holidays!  I used my Altenew Watercolor Pan set and colored the image that I had stamped on Strathmore Watercolor Paper.  I did not add any embellishments as I wanted the image and the colors to shine.  I really like the look of this card! 



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



I hope Vickie and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Jeanette is up for our December challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Northwoods Rubber Stamps-Christmas Mailboxes

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor Paper; Stampin' Up Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black

Ink: Versafine Clair Onyx

Accessories:  Altenew Watercolor Pan Set




5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty! I love that you watercolored the gorgeous image. It looks fabulous that way!

Tracie said...

Love your card Barb. It reminds me of the good ole days when we lived in the country and mail boxes were side by side and occasionally someone decorated theirs for the holiday. Love it.

Margaret said...

Love your card, Barb. It has that rustic, vintage look to it. Great job on your coloring. Hugs, Maggie

Shelly Schmidt said...

Really love this image- reminds me of my Grandma's in the country, and really love the cardinals. Great watercoloring and a beautiful card!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful festive letter boxes Barb
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine