Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Ginger in Bobble Hat


Today is the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for November, our 43rd month!  That means we are well into our 4th year--YAY!



Kelly provided this challenge for us: Gingerbread is an taste that's not for everyone so rather than eat gingerbread cookies, we're focusing on baking them! Create a card (or project) that FEATURES  a gingerbread man/woman. Next step in the recipe, since gingerbread rises when you bake it, have a raised feature on your card. This can be as easy as glitter glue or stickles or really fancy like a pop up card - your choice!  For the next step, use one of the colors of the word G-I-N-G-E-R-B-R-E-A-D and use that color as your trimming (hairbows, bowties, etc.)

 

Ready, Set, Go!


For my card, I first had to look for a digital stamp as I am pretty sure I do not have one.  I found this cutie on Etsy from Pink Gem Designs called Ginger in Bobble Hat.  Then, I picked some fun, colorful Christmas patterned paper from the My Mind's Eye 6x6 pack called Be Merry. I added a bow with Balmy Blue satin ribbon along with some colorful confetti from Studio Katia. The raised feature is on the pon poms on her hat and the ties-I used Glossy Accents and it has been years since I used that bottle!  The accents I picked where the green tree on the sweater for a G and a gold star for the second G. What a fun and creative theme Kelly!


Here is the inside of my card, with a smaller version of Ginger:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. I am up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in December! 

Image/Sentiment:  Pink Gem Designs Ginger in Bobble Hat

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo; MME-My Mind's Eye 6x6 Be Merry Patterned Paper Pack

Ink: None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Balmy Blue Satin Ribbon; Studio Katia Satin Rainbow Confetti




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh my goodness... your card is adorable, Barb! I'm impressed the Glossy Accents were still usable after not being used for so long. And that darling image - repeated on the inside, too! Too cute!

Carol W said...

wonderful card for this challenge Love that you used the image on both the front and inside. Treat job!

MiamiKel said...

Yes! what Carol said - a TREAT (for the eyes) job! Haven’t heard of this company but I am glad you found a digital stamp to work with - I thought for sure you had one from melonheadz! Cute!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a great challenge Barb, and you have made a sweet card - love that you printed the image inside the card too.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine