Saturday, May 28, 2022

It's Your Birthday Birdie


Today is the day I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 65th month of de-stash, so we are into our 6th year of challenges. I really like these challenges and know they will continue as I know I have many, many items in my stash that I can use and love the fun challenges!


The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Shelly posted our May challenge--May 4th is National Bird Day.  Please make a card with a bird on it.

I picked a cute stamp from Whipper Snapper Designs that I have had for many years called It's Your Birthday Birdie!   I colored the image with my Copic Sketch Markers. I added some fun birthday patterned papers along with some baker's twine.  

 



Here is the inside of my card with a strip of cupcake paper:



If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSMAY.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For June, Tracie is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create then!


Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs It's Your Birthday Birdie

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White;  Stampin' Up Cool Caribbean, island Indigo; Birthday Patterned Paper

Ink: 
 Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Blue Baker's Twine

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

One cute bird stamp Barb, and a fabulous card - love your papers that complement the image and sentiment beautifully
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Great card for this challenge. Very fun cute, card,

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

This is a tweet/sweet card!