Sunday, May 15, 2022

Rainbow is My Favorite Color


Today is the 15th and that means the Dueling Darlings are back to post their fun cards!  This group was founded 10 years ago and there are a few of us that are the original members.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry, Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine, Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings!  


Our theme this month is "We are a Rainbow". Kelly sent each of us on both teams some parts for our cards.  She told us "Each of us brings a light and color to life ~~ from the quietness of the pastels to the boldness of the brights!  Each of you are in important "band" of the rainbow, because in order to have it we all need to be together as one."  We each were randomly chosen a color and mine is purple!

The directions from Kelly were to then use "our" color only to represent your band of the rainbow.  We were to decorate the white panel any way we want--but only in our color!  We would then have a monochromatic card.  

Hummm--such a challenge!  I picked a Taylored Expressions Stencil called Here Comes the Sun and ink blended Pink Fresh Studio Lavender ink on the white panel for the purple rays.  I then added 5 purple bands of the rainbow to my blended panel.  I picked a fun Simon Says Stamp set called Rainbow is my Favorite Color and stamped one of the sweet sentiments with the same PFS ink.  I punched out the sentiment and layered it with another punched out purple backer.  I then needed a cloud brad to go with the sentiment!  A few purple rhinestones were the final touch.   This was fun card to make and I cannot wait to see what my other 7 "bands of colors of the rainbow friends" create!




Here is the inside of my card, with some rainbow washi tape:




I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month and that my team liked their coffee themed kit. Please be sure to stop in to see what fun morning beverage creations are posted!  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the colorful rainbow creations this month!   We will be back for June, with our leaders Kelly and Jeanette as the hostesses, so be sure to check back on the 15th to see all of our creations.


Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp Rainbow is My Favorite Color Stamp Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:   Stampin' Up Whisper White; Gorgeous Grape

Ink:  Pink Fresh Studio Lavender

Accessories:  My Favorite Things-MFT Rainbow and Scallop Dies; Horizon Group Go Create Purple Gems; Stampin' Up Punches; Cloud Brad; Taylored Expressions Here Comes the Sun Stencil

6 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is spectacular! I love the sun rays - it reminds me that even when we have rain and rainbows, the sun shines through. In fact, as I understand it, it is impossible to have a rainbow without light. And the Dueling Darlings (including you!) are such a light in my life. Back to your card - oh how I love the saying you included. Perfect!

Tracie said...

What a fun card Barb. Love all the purple!

Lorraine said...

Great card!

Darlene LeTavec said...

I LOVE IT!!! I was playing around with options using the same stencil. But I like it with lavender and purple much better! Perfect sentiment too!

Carol W said...

Wow what a great card Barb. I love the purple sun rays on the white background and the sentiment is perfect. LOVE the inside as well. Wonderful job.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a challenge Barb, and I love how you have interpreted it - a fabulous card
Blessings
Maxine