Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thanks So Much


Today is the the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 36 and we are at the end of year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.





For this month's messiness, I used two colors of Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer.  I used Opal Polish in Blue Parakeet and Glitzy Polish in Green Lustre.  I first used this medium a few months ago when Darlene sent me two tubs.  Of course, since then I have added a few other tubs to my collection!  I also used some of these tubs last month when I rubbed the colors on an black embossed panel.  This month, I used them with a Gina K Designs Stencil called Rounded Swirl. I made two panels with the 2 colors of green--there is a lot of shimmer and shine in person.  I then die cut the Lawn Fawn Giant Thanks So Much from white and green cardstock.  They were both were die cut three times and layered for dimension.  


I added some clear enamel dots on the card with the white words.



I added some Pink Fresh Studio Glacier Jewels on the green words card:



I really like the look of these cards and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!  





Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. Be sure to check back a day as I bet they were on time!   I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on June 12th.  I hope to be on time!

Image/Sentiment:  Lawn Fawn Giant Thanks So Much Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Granny Apple Green

Ink:  Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer--Opal Polish in Blue Parakeet, Glitz Polish in Green Lustre

Accessories:  Clear Enamel Dots; Pink Fresh Studio Glacier Jewels

3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these look FANTASTIC! What a fun use of those messy mediums. Well done!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wonderful backgrounds Barb - using the pastes through the stencil was a great idea, and the white stands out so clearly against the glimmery colours
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Great cards Barb, I need to check out the cosmic shimmer. You do a wonderful job with it. (I may need some instructions/help)