Friday, January 15, 2021

New Year--New Name



It is a new year and now it is time to show off the card I made for our new group--Classy Card Ladies!  We are still going to post on the 15th of the every month.  All of us are previous members of the Dueling Darlings and are now into our 11th year of these duels.  And, a few of us are old enough to be members of that first duel in August 2010!  Our new team names are the Pearls and the Diamonds--very Classy names for us!   For our January Challenge, our team leaders, Jeanette and Kelly are the hostesses. Jeanette is a Pearl and Kelly is a Diamond--same as me!   And we are all team Classy Card Ladies!  

The theme for January is Winter Fun!  Kelly sent us a fun filled kit with with great die cut images, sweet patterned paper, fun ribbons and pretty embellishments--I hope I did it justice with the card I made.  I have not made a tag card in a long time and I thought this would be fun to do.

The cute winter images Kelly sent were from the Gerda Steiner Designs Snow Angel stamp and matching die set. There were sweet images of Santa, a reindeer, a bird and the cute snowman that I used.  All of them were making snow angels!  I colored this little cutie with my Copic Sketch Markers and I added a bit of Lawn Prisma glitter to his hat.  I die cut the tag with the included sentiment on the bottom with my Stampin' Up Banner dies along with another banner layer from navy. The background is the pretty patterned paper of snowflakes called Crystal Bleus that Kelly included in the kit. I added a blue glitter snowflake at the top of the tag and a bow with some of the pretty ribbon Kelly sent.  I also used the sweet snowflake gems that were also in out kit.   This was fun card kit to play with--thanks Kelly ❤️! 



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope all of the Classy Card Ladies enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Diamonds as well the Pearls have created this month.  There are two members who do not have blogs: Suzy who is on the Diamond team and Debby who is a Pearl. You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!

Image/Sentiment:  Gerda Steiner Designs Snow Angels Stamp and Die set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Brocade Blue; Recollections Crystal Winter Blues Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Blue Shimmer Ribbon; Glitter Snowflake and Snowflake Gems; Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter, Stampin' Up Banner Dies




10 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love the tag - such a creative design for your card... and what a Cute cute card it is!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Super cute card barb! I love how you put the focal image on a banner!

Tracie said...

Such a cute card. I love your tag and how you put it on your card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Cute image and so fun to make it into a tag card!!!

Carol W said...

Barb what a great card. I love the tag and the way it turned out with the snowman and sentiment on it. I love the inside as well. You did a great job with kit. I am so glad we are once again starting up with the duels. This is truly a fun group and I am so glad we are both continuing on. ♥

Darlene LeTavec said...

Barb, there's a lot to admire on your card (as usual). The choice of beautiful background DP, your coloring, using the image on a banner, embellished by the dark blue snowflake & bow...the list goes on & on. Lovely card for the first duel!

MiamiKel said...

Such a fun card, Barb! I love the design you've made here with the banner and the cute snowguy! Beautiful choice of paper and lovely bling! Thanks for joining our first challenge of 2021!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb I love the simplicity and elegance of the design you have made, it is fabulous.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Suzy Sprague said...

Cute card, Barb! Great idea to put the image on a tag g for your card.

Margaret said...

Very cute. Adorable image and great card idea with the tag.