Friday, January 22, 2021

Double Duty Debut


Here we go—another challenge for the trio of stampers—Barb, Jeanette and Kelly!  This is our 7th challenge that the three of us are doing together! This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty!

 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For January, the company that I picked was Simon Says Stamp. They really have some great images and many coordinating dies.  And, they carry many additional companies on their site--one stop shopping!  I picked a sweet set that I got last year while the pandemic was going strong, called Paper Hug.  I love the cute images and perfect sentiments in this set. 


The first card was a double gate-fold card, with the image on one panel and the sentiment on the other.  I picked the image of two hands, holding an envelope and colored it with my Copic Sketch Markers.  The patterned paper on the panels is Stampin' Up Follow Your Art--an ideal pick for the theme!  The words Paper Hug is perfect to send to a friend far away.  Three pink sequins are the final touch.  



Here is the inside of that card:



For my second card, I picked the large Hug image with two hands.  Again, I colored the word and hands with my Copic Sketch Markers and die cut the image with Whimsy Stamps Stitched Rectangles Dies. I layered the image over a piece of Real Red cardstock I embossed with Sizzix Hearts Embossing Folder.  I picked a sentiment that really expresses how I feel right now--I so want to hug my friends and family!    I added a pink gem heart on the edge of the sentiment.  

And--I almost forgot--the final Double Duty element.  My color theme for both of these cards were red and pink-or Calypso Coral.  I also colored both sets of the arms different shades, to highlight diversity in my cards and my life!


Here is the inside of my second card:



I hope you enjoyed my first card for our new group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Lawn Fawn is the company we will use in February, so be sure to check back to see how we double up and make two cards on the 22nd!

Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Paper Hugs

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Blushing Bride, Calypso Coral, Follow Your Art Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Mini Banner Flag Punch; Whimsy Stitched Rectangle Dies; Copic Sketch Markers; Sizzix Hearts Embossing Folder; Pink Sequins; Pink Heart Gem




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this new Challenge Series (our 7th?) is such fun... and will stretch us. Thank you for inviting me along!

What a great start, too - both of your cards are fantastic! I'm not sure I've ever seen the stamp set you used before so it was especially fun to see it double on your post. I especially like the diversity found on your designs. GREAT job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your two cards using this fun set. Fun challenge!

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful challenge Barb, and a great pair of cards to start with.!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

7th challenge? .............

Wonderful cards and super cute hugs. I completely misunderstood how this challenge works and thought it was the same stamp. hmmmm - note to self, read better. Both are super charming - fun!