Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Stamping Sisters Mini Winter Camp ~ Day 3



Hello friends and Stamping Sisters!  Welcome to Day 3 of our Stamping Sisters Mini Winter Camp 2021. I was the first teacher on Monday and we learned how to strip.  Using card strips--not what you might be thinking.  It is winter by the way!   Darlene was our teacher yesterday and we learned to reflect.   Today it is Kelly's day to teach us--so let's go. Please join us--it sure will be fun!


Here are our blogs and the days we are going to be the camp counselor:

Monday, January 25 ~  Barb (me!)  @ inkingintoretirement
Tuesday, January 26 ~ Darlene @ Accordingtobijou
Wednesday, January 27 ~ Kelly @ Sandcastlestamper
Thursday January 28 ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay


For Kelly's card, this is what she said:  We are going to be doing Stamped Paper!  Supplies need: Any magazine, ink and a stamp w/ a matching die if desired (you can always just fussy cut!)  Pick your magazine page and ink up a stamp. Stamp directly onto your magazine paper and let it dry. The paper tends to be a little slick - so a heat gun may be good, too but not necessary. Once it's dry, die cut/fussy cut your image and add it to your card.

I have never done something like this, so it was a very fun card and technique.  First, I went through a few magazines  and picked some colorful pages.


Then, I picked the stamps and for one set, the matching dies.  I went with 2 Gina K Designs sets--Beautiful Butterflies and Friendship Flower.  There are dies for the butterfly set, so I stamped and cut a few different ones.  I then fussy cut the floral image.


For my card, I embossed a background with a Cuttlebug Folder called Modern Wallpaper.  I placed the flower down first and added two of the butterflies on the leaves, on the edges.  I added three sequins for a bit of bling!



Here is the inside of my card, with an additional butterfly:




I hope you have enjoyed my card. I invite you to join us by making your own card today and maybe go back to make a card with paper strips from my lesson on Monday and one with Darlene's reflections class from yesterday.   And, I do hope you are able to play along with us tomorrow with Jeanette's lesson.  We will each post our lesson in the morning and then in the afternoon, we will post a card made from the day's lesson.  Yes, Jeanette is up tomorrow morning with her class and I will be posting a card from her tutorial tomorrow afternoon. 

It is now your turn. Please check out Kelly's blog today to get her tips on how to stamp on your magazine pages.  And, be sure to check out Darlene and Jeanette's blog later today to see how well they did on this technique.  Go and have some fun!  


Image/Sentiment:  Gina K Designs Beautiful Butterflies Stamp set plus matching dies and Friendship Flower

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Daffodil Delight, Seaside Spray; Magazine pages

Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black

Accessories:  Cuttlebug Modern Wallpaper; Sequins




3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

What an absolutely amazing coincidence ... as I read this I am sitting in a doctors office and their theme is butterflies! this is absolutely magical and you absolutely nailed this challenge - well done!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is so pretty - and look at all of those fabulous magazine pages. You can make even more cards with Kelly's fun technique! I really like the subtle design of the embossing in the background, too. Very nice!

kiwimeskreations said...

Wow Barb, your card is stunning - love the results of stamping on the magazine paper, and your finished project is gorgeous
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine