Sunday, January 3, 2021

One Plus 12 in 2021!


This is my One Plus Twelve card, first month of 2021!  This was the brainchild of Kelly and she asked Jeanette and me to join her in this challenge in 2019. We are to use just one stamp, to make a card every month and post on the 3rd of each month.  It was so much fun that the three of decided to continue for our third year and pick a new image to use.

For 2021, I picked a Gina K Designs set called Thankful Greenery.  I think this set is so pretty and I can see in my mind many ways that I can use this image.  Plus--I will have 12 thank you cards at the end of the year!

For my first card, I embossed the image with white embossing powder onto Crumb Cake cardstock.  I then colored in the leaves and berries or flowers with my Copic Sketch markers.  I layered the image on a layer of Garden Green. I used Gina K's Master Layouts 2 for an additional layer of Crumb Cake.  The final scalloped layer is cut also cut from Garden Green from My Favorite Things Blueprints 20 and is layered on the same colored card base.  The sentiment is from the same set.  I also embossed with white and die cut with a banner from the same Master Layouts 2.  I added a few cream colored enamel dots for the final touch!



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of washi tape:



Please be sure to check out the other One plus Twelve cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog. I am sure you will enjoy checking out what stamp set each of them picked for 2021 and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card and that you might too! Be sure to check back every month on the 3rd to see our cards!

Image/Sentiment: Gina K Designs Thankful Greenery

Cardstock: Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Garden Green

Ink:  Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder; Versamark

Accessories: Gina K Designs Master Layouts 2; My Favorite Things-MFT Blueprints 20; Copic Sketch Markers; Ivory Enamel Dots




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I have looked forward to seeing what stamp you chose for this year - and here it is. You certainly didn't disappoint because it is a fabulous stamp. I look forward to seeing what you do with it each month this year.

Your January card is so pretty - the white on Kraft is such a pretty look. I love the layers, the added sentiment on the strip of paper, and the finishing touches of enamel dots. A truly awesome card!!!

MiamiKel said...

Welcome to OnePlus 2021 edition - and you certainly dressed for the occasion with this beauty! Love the softness - the color combo (i spy with my little eye some GREEN!) Such a fun stamp to chose - you are braver than me, it makes me nervous but I know you are up for the challenge! Awesomesauce! Love ya, my friend!

kiwimeskreations said...

This is gorgeous Barb, Love your colours and layering. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the stamp for the rest of the year.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine