Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Use Your Words!



This is my January card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 5th month and the theme for January is "Use Your Words".  

I picked a wood mounted stamp that I am not sure has been inked in the past. It is a Penny Black stamp called Blessed.  I love the sentiment-but am not a fan of the font as I think it is hard to read.  I used a Sizzix embossing folder called plaid and then use a Gina Marie Designs die called Venetian Label to cut out the center.  I placed a piece of Stampin' Up Naturally Eclectic Designer Series Paper in the opening and layered the sentiment in the middle.  I added a few navy enamel dots on the embossed panel.   I think this is a fun card.



Here is the inside of my card:



I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has already posted the February theme and the ones for the rest of the year.  Be sure to come back in to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment:  Penny Black Blessed

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Stampin' Up Berry Burst, Fresh Fig, Night of Navy, Naturally Eclectic

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy

Accessories:  Gina Marie Designs Venetian Die; Sizzix Plaid Embossing Folder; Navy Enamel Dots




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, I love that sayings! And your card - it's lovely!

Carol W said...

Love this sentiment and the card. Great job Barb.

kiwimeskreations said...

It's certainly a fun card Barb, and beautifully constructed - love the way you have made the background, and it really makes a feature of the sentiment
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine