Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Sending Smiles Across the Miles


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 18 and we are well into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I wanted to use a bottle of Marabu Alcohol Ink Rainbow that has been sitting on my shelf.  I even have two bottles and I don't know where I got them............  I used it along with some Tim Holtz Alcohol inks on Tim Holtz Silver Sparkle Alcohol Ink Cardstock.  I am not sure the Rainbow changed the colors much, but I really like the shimmer from the cardstock.   I die cut the piece I made from Gina Marie Designs Stitched Squares along with a Silver layer.  I then used Simon Says Stamp-CZ Designs Chunky Hello die and shadow to cut the silver word, layered three times and the Gorgeous Grape shadow.  The sentiment is from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Friendship and I embossed with white on black cardstock and used the coordinating die to cut it out.  The background layer was embossed with a Stampin' Up Embossing folder called Subtle Dynamic for a bit of texture.  I did not think any additional bling wass needed as there is lots of sparkle and shimmer on the card.  



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the inked paper.



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all continue in  2021, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on February 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Taylored Expressions Simple Strips Stamp-Friendship and Matching Die; Simon Says Stamp CZ Designs Chunky Hello Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Tim Holtz Silver Sparkle Alcohol Ink Cardstock; Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grape, Basic Black; The Paper Cut Silver Mirricard

Ink: Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks; Marabu Alcohol Ink Rainbow; Versamark

Accessories:  Stampin' Up White Embossing Powder, Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Square Dies




6 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

Wonderful card! I love the hot mess idea!

MiamiKel said...

Ohh this card has a bit of mystery - with the darker hues and they just work together superb! love the big hello, too! Beautiful!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your rich/royal colors look fabulous on this beauty! WOW! It's stunning!

Carol W said...

Oh Barb...I love this card. I love the colors and the marblng effect it did. This is wonderful.

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Barb this is a stunner!!! So elegant, and that background looks amazing
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Darlene LeTavec said...

Holy Cow!!!! That panel is completely over the top! I love those colors, so deep and rich and the whole card is really, really pretty!