Sunday, January 10, 2021

Close as a Memory






Today is the 10th and the day we are to post our  Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me! We started this in January of 2020, so we are now starting our second year of this fun challenge.  Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I decided when this group challenge started to only use the wooden Stampin' Up stamps that are on my bottom shelves.  So this month, I randomly picked the Close as a Memory set!  This is also an older set as the year 2006 is on the box.  

I  also decided to go old school when inking up the image and pulled out 2 of my very old Stampin' Up write markers!  I am not sure the last time I used any of them and I still have most of the colors.  I used my Brocade Blue marker to color the blooms and a Gumball Green to color the stems and leaves.  I then spritzed water on the stamp before placing on a piece of watercolor cardstock to get a muted, soft look.  I no longer have a Brocade Blue ink pad, so I used the same marker on the sentiment and "huffed" the stamp before placing it on the cardstock.  I really liked the look of the  first card, so I decided to make two more!   I cut two of the panels with a Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Layered die. I embossed the back panel with three different embossing folders and they are listed below.   I added some pearls to the center of the flowers.  




I like the look of my cards this month and I hope you do too.  Be sure to check out Jeanette and Kelly's cards.  I am sure they have some fun cards with those "oldies but goodies" stamp sets by Stampin' Up!  And be sure to check back every month on the 10 to see what we create!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Close as a Memory

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Dapper Denim, Whisper White; Strathmore Watercolor Cardstock

Ink:   Stampin' Up Write Markers-Brocade Blue, Gumball Green

Accessories:  Sizzix Curlique-on card without die cut; Taylored Expression Garden Party-one double layered die cut image; Stampin' Up Finial Press-single layer die cut image; Memory Box Matinee Rectangle Layers Dies; Pearls




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! You've created a whole set of beauties with that dusty old set. ;) Love how you used the markers and spritz of water, too... they look great that way. You did a great job with this month's Stamp What!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what beautiful cards Barb - they are so elegant and serene. A beautiful set of stamps.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine