Monday, August 15, 2016

Going to Rio

If you are looking for my Melonheadz Challenge card, please scroll up. 


It is the 15th of the month and that means we get to show off a new Dueling Darlings challenge. For the August Challenge, Judy and Debbie, decided on the theme.  Debbie is one of the Darlings and Judy is a Diva, my team!

This theme this month is : Going to Rio with the Olympic Darlings!  The 2016 Summer Olympics is currently going on, until August 21st.  There will be a record number of countries participating in 306 events in 28 sports.  (there also is a refuge team of 20 athletes, participating under the Olympic flag.)  The motto for the Rio Olympics is "A New World".

Judy sent a variety of great embellishments to go with this cute image.  Judy contacted the owner of Scrappin' Doodles to use her digital image for our duel and I am so glad she did!  I then "had" to go to the site and purchased some additional digis.  Thanks for enabling me Judy!  I used one of my newest purchases, a set of cross-stitched oval dies from Gina Marie for the image and background.  Judy sent a sheet of gold, silver and bronze paper--so I used all three of them!  I used three of the ribbons she sent--that is the red, yellow and green banners on the bottom right of the ovals.

Judy and Debbie also asked us to share our favorite summer Olympic event.
I would say whatever is on TV at the time I am watching.  Bring retired, I am able to watch all day long, every day possible.  I LOVE the Olympics!  Being a retired Physical Education teacher and coach, I enjoy watching pretty much any sport.  I do not understand all of them, especially rugby, one of the new ones in 2016.  I do like the major ones--swimming, gymnastics and volleyball, as I coached high school girls volleyball for 19 years!



Here is the inside of my card:


I hope Judy and the other Darlings enjoy my card.




Image/Sentiment: Scrappin' Doodles Summer Olympics Digital Image/Inkadinkadoo Sentiment on the inside

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: White; Stampin' Up Real Red; Recollections Gold, Silver, Bronze Paper; DCWV Travel Adventures Patterned Paper;

Ink: Black

Accessories:  Copic Markers; Sequins; Red, Yellow, Green Grosgrain Ribbons; Gina Marie Designs Cross-Stitch Oval Dies;

Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month. All of the blogs are on the left sidebar of my blog. Be sure to check them out as there are new members listed!  At this time, Suzy, who is a Diva, and Terry A, who is a Dazzler, do not have a blog.  You will be able to check our their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!





7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this card is FANTASTIC! I'm loving the three little flags of ribbon... and the oval die you used. WOW! Great card!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your details on this card are so perfect! I love how you used the ribbons and colors of them. That new die cut - to die for! Cute card.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

this card is so cute - I love the placement of the ribbon!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fun card and beautifully executed Barb - I enjoy the rugby 7's, but that's about it - I didn't watch it, nor have I watched anything else other than news coverage. I'm not really into sport.
Blessings
Maxine

Terry Andress said...

I love your card, Barb! Even though I've been watching the Olympics every night I learned some new things from your post..thanks for the info!

dweatter said...

Wonderful card. What a great image Judy sent! And I love your oval dies, so glad Judy enabled you!!!! Love the card layout too.

Carol W said...

Great card Barb, I love the dsp you used on the bottom front of the card. I love the ribbon treatment as well. Your inside of the card is awesome as well. You did a wonderful with this kit.