Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Shake it Up!



It is about time.....................   Yes, I have said this over and over the past few weeks as I am FINALLY getting the cards made from the card kit group that I am in on SCS.  You see, I was the recipient of all of the kits in June and it is mid-August before I am posting any of the cards.  Geeze--who IS in charge of this group.........................  That would be me!  We have an expectation in the group to post the completed cards in the thread and then on their blog or their SCs gallery within two months after the hostess month.  So, I really do have a few more days before I have broken the rules!

This is card number 1 from a great kit sent by Kelly.   Kelly sent a fantastic kit with two different images, a bunch of great patterned papers and some awesome embellishments for me to use.  She said she based the kit on our trip to Hawaii in 2014.  This was a fun kit to play with!  I hope I did OK and that Kelly likes my card.  Thanks for a great kit Kelly--Thanks Bunches!!!!

I loved the bright colors of the papers and the flowers and the ribbons.  I decided to use three of the ribbons for the bow as it reminds me of the tropical colors.  I layered two of each of the sizes of the green flower to give it more dimension.  We did visit the Polynesian Cultural Center in Hawaii--but it was a rainy day, so it was not as enjoyable as it could have been.  We did see many dancers!



Here is the inside of my card:



Image/Sentiment: Just for Fun Stamps Ukulele Girl and Shake it Up Sentiment

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Cardstock:  White; Stampin' Up Rose Red, Calypso Coral; Bazzill Apple Tart; MAMBI Summer Travel Patterned Paper


Accessories: 
Copic Markers; Prima Flowers; SU Punches; The Paper Studio Red, Green, Yellow Grosgrain Ribbon



4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Okay, now I'm ready to travel......... to Hawaii! Great card!

:: BlueInks :: said...

What a fun card! Those are for sure Kelly colors and you worked them well. I especially like the triple ribbons.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun and cheerful card Barb - love that fabulous ribbon treatment!!
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely sensational !!! But I positively Gloria's coloring you have done with this hula girl - she is as gorgeous as I remember the Hawaiian dancers to be ! I love how you colored the lei around her neck and ankle :) fun card design and use of ribbon, too!

Sorry it's taken me so long to stop by and leave my love :)