Friday, August 19, 2016

Patriotic Chicken



Four in a Row!  Yes, I am posting another card made from the card kit group that I am in on SCS.  I was the recipient of 8 wonderful kits in June and we are to post our cards within two months after our month--so by the end of August, you should see my cards!!!!   In this group, we can "request our wishes" and the sends may be able to grant some of them.  I had asked for any patriotic images and papers, so you will see quite a few red, white and blue cards in the next week or so.

This is card number 4 from a great kit sent by Jeanette. Jeanette's kit had two Whipper Snapper images--stamped on both white and ivory so I could chose which to use with the great patterned papers she sent.  She also included an assortment of awesome embellishments.  This was a fun kit to play with!  I hope I did OK and that Jeanette likes my card.  Thanks for a wonderful kit Jeanette!

I love the vintage patterned paper and wanted to be sure that was one of the focal points of the card.  I used both the red and navy Baker's Twine by rolling them together under the image. 






Here is the inside of my card:




Image/Sentiment: Whipper Snapper Designs Patriotic Chicken

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Cardstock:  Recollections 110# Ivory; Stampin' Up Cranberry Crisp, Night of Navy; Colorbok Old Glory Patterned Paper


Accessories: 
Copic Markers; Red and Navy Baker's Twine, Navy and Cream buttons;



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Another GREAT patriotic card - inside and out, Barb! You used the kit so well!

kiwimeskreations said...

Who would'a thought a chicken could be patriotic!! Well done Barb on a fun and beautifully finished card
Blessings
Maxine