Tuesday, December 29, 2020

December Tree


Today is the 28th and I am posting my card for our Challenge Your Stash group on SCS.  This is our 77th month of de-stashing-we are coming to the end of 4th year of our challenges.  And, we are continuing in 2021!

The premise is to create a card or something else that uses only items that are in your own stamp room--nothing new is to be purchased.  The hostess each month posts their challenge to the group. Each person in the group creates their card with their own image, their own papers, their own embellishments with their own supplies--using up items from their own stash!  The card can be for any occasion and each person is encouraged to send the card on its way to someone so it can be admired.  It is a way for us to step out of the box a bit and create something that follows a challenge--isn't that what a challenge is supposed to be.  And--no money is spent as all items are to be already available in each of own stamping spaces.

Susy posted our December challenge--Theme is a Christmas card using trees. They can be Christmas trees decorated or just a plain tree. Just be sure you have a tree!

OK--so this is a very strange looking Christmas card!  I messed u this month, but decided to not made another card.  In my notes for this month, I had the second sentence-Christmas tree or plain tree.  I missed the first sentence--make a Christmas card!  Oh Well--I now have a Thinking of You card to mail!

I picked the Stampin' Up stamp and die combo called and Thoughtful Branches and Beautiful Branches die set.  I stamped the leaves of the tree with Shaded Spruce on Garden Green cardstock and die cut it out. The trunk and branches was die cut from Early Espresso.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and was also stamped in Early Espresso ink. The background paper is from The Paper Loft called Huckleberry Pond-Campers. I added three ivory enamel dots for the final touch!


Here is the inside of my card:


If you check some of the blogs on my sidebar, you may find others who have posted their cards in the next few days. There may be more posted in the thread on SCS, so you might want to check out the link here.  We also have a keyword for the SCS Gallery--it is CYSDEC.  You might see many cards there if you do a search.  They probably will be posted today or in the next few days.

I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am excited to check out what my other hoarders, I mean stash reducers have made!  Thanks for stopping by today!  For January, Lisa is up for our challenge.  Be sure to check back to see what we create in 2021!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Thoughtful Branches stamp set and Beautiful Branches Die Set

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Garden Green; The Paper Loft Huckleberry Pond-Campers

Ink: 
Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Shaded Spruce

Accessories:  Ivory Enamel Dots



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your tree is absolutely gorgeous, as is your card!

Margaret said...

I love this tree stamp and die. I have not seen this one before, but I don't do a lot of SU shopping these days. Gorgeous design.