Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Let It Snow



This is the fourth card of a new challenge in 2020 with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me!  This is our 6th challenge amongst us!  Jeanette came up with this new challenge called Mission Possible!  Jeanette sent us a mystery item and asked if we would accept the challenge to make a project with the items even before opening the package!  Of course, Kelly and I said yes, so the challenge is on.  We plan to do this quarterly and the item will change each round!  This Will be Mission Impossible Possible!

This is what Jeanette sent to use this round: Good Day, Ms. Card-Maker. You did an outstanding job with your last mission and are to be commended!
Your next mission, should you decide to accept it, involves the use of the stencil in this package.  You may use stamps or other supplies from your stash with it, just make sure the stencil is the focal point of your card.  
 This message will not self-destruct in five seconds, since I have no ability to do that and besides, you might need to refer to it again at some point.

Jeanette sent us this sweet stencil by Taylored Expressions called Winter's Beauty.  It is a large stencil, 6x6!  I love this stencil and have many from TE--but not this one-such a surprise! And--it is a Beauty!  I decided I wanted to use a navy background for the cardstock.  I used Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel on the stencil and the color is called Iridescent.  It does have great colors that do shine-but the pictures do not show it well at all.  I made a 6 x 6 square card as I did not want to cut off any part of the snowflake. I decided I did not want to add a a stamped image over the the snowflake, but I picked a die from Tonic called Let It Snow. I tried a few different colors and decided to go with Gold Mirricard from The Paper Cut. I layered the gold over two die cuts from navy for some dimension.  There is also a layer of gold between the two layers of blue  I added some Taylored Expression Gold Drip Drops for more shine on the card.    I think met the challenge--mission accomplished! And, I am excited to do this again! We are going to continue in 2021!



Here is the inside of my card:



Please be sure to check out the other Mission Possible projects with this fun snowflake stencil.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Be sure to check back to see what we create in 2021.  We are going to do this every 4 months and each of us with pick one time to send out the mystery item.  Kelly is going to be first in 2021-so the Mission Impossible Possible Continues!

Image/Sentiment: Tonic Let It Snow Die

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Blue Bayou; The Paper Cut Gold Mirricard

Ink: None

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Winter Beauty, Gold Drip Dots; Gina K Designs Glitz Glitter Gel Iridescent




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, thank you for joining me in this adventure. WOW! Your card is gorgeous. I love the gold words on your snowflake and that you created a square card to be able to use the entire stencil. Your rich colors really make the white snowflake the focal point, too. Lovely!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a cool card- love this technique on Navy- will have to look up that glitzy product!!! Fun challenge with your friends : )