Saturday, December 12, 2020

Hope & Peace


Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 12 and we are well into year #2. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.



For this month's messiness,  I picked one of a few backgrounds I made the day before when I used Ken Oliver's Color Burst. The colors I picked were Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Pthalo Green and I used Fabriano Artistico Cold Press Watercolour Paper.  The other two backgrounds were orange and yellows, but I picked this as it reminded me of Northern Lights. A few days ago, we were to be able to see them in Wisconsin, but with all of the lights and added Christmas lights, we did not get a view.  I then picked die set that I thought was perfect for the colors and this time of year from Impression Obsession Hope & Peace.  I cut three of each the words and the ampersand-then layered them on top of each other for added dimension.  A few Stampin' Up Blue Adhesive Gems are the final touch!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip watercolored paper.


Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   We will all be back each year in 2021, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on January 12th.  

Image/Sentiment: Impression Obsession Hope & Peace Die Set

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: The Fabriano Artistico Cold Press Watercolour Paper; Stampin' Up Shaded Spruce

Ink:  Ken Oliver Color Burst-Violet, Ultramarine Blue and Pthalo Green

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Blue Adhesive Gems




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is gorgeous - it does look like northern lights. I would have never guessed you achieved it with color burst. Gorgeous and oh so creative! Well done!

MiamiKel said...

A stunner! I can see the Northern Ligjhts you were going for. - And bummer you’ll couldn’t see them IRL. Your die cut sentiment is sensational! Happy December HMS!

JD/ Jill said...

Neat card, I likw the colors!