Thursday, December 10, 2020

Stamp What-Silent Night




Today is 12th month of the Stamp What? challenge with the three collaborators you have seen many times in the past--Kelly, Jeanette and me! Kelly came up with the challenge to randomly pick a Stampin' Up set and make a card with that set.  Get the dust off of those forgotten Stampin' Up sets! 

I decided when this group challenge started to only use the wooden Stampin' Up stamps that are on my bottom shelves.  So this month, I randomly picked a Christmas set called Silent Night!  This is also an older set as the year 2005 is on the box.  It is also one of my favorite Christmas sets from any company and I might have made a few cards from the set!

I decided I wanted to try some of the numerous embossing powders I have on this card.  I picked Night of Navy as the base color and use a few different colors--clear, black, white, silver, and some with sparkle.  I also was a able to toss out a few tubs as they did not stick at all.  The one I highlighted as a single card was using black embossing powder.  I add a layer of black glossy cardstock behind the image and behind the card front.  I used glossy cardstock on all of the other cards too.  I also embossing the card layer base with a few different embossing folders for a bit of dimension.  I did not add any thing else as an embellishment, as I wanted the image to be the focal point!





I like the look of my card this month and I hope you do too.  Be sure to check out Jeanette and Kelly's cards.  I am sure they have some fun cards with those "oldies but goodies" stamp sets by Stampin' Up!  And, we will continue in 2021, so we will be dusting off more of our stamp sets!

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Silent Night

Cardstock/Patterned Paper: Stampin' Up Night of Navy; The Paper Cut Black Mirricard

Ink:  Versamark

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Black Embossing powder




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is absolutely gorgeous - I love that stamp and it looks fabulous embossed! I also liked seeing the different embossing colors in the "didn't use" group. GREAT job this month. Who am I kidding? You do a GREAT job each and every time you make a card!

MiamiKel said...

Wow - these are super! I have seen this set used in so many different ways but never quite like yours and it really is outstanding. Thanks for playing in my year-long challenge with me and my son!