Saturday, January 22, 2022

Double Duty ~~ Year 2


Here we are!  This is the 13th month, so we are just starting year number 2 of this newest challenge.  This was a thought that I had in the middle of the night, similar to what Kelly has had in the past.  Plus, it is a bit of offshoot of our Stamp What Challenge! This one is called Double Duty! 


Each month, we get to pick a stamp set from a predetermined company. Then, we will use that one stamp set and make two cards from the set.  Different images and sentiments from the same set can be used, or use the same image two different ways—Double Duty either way!  But, as an added challenge, one item must be used on both cards—same color cardstock, same ribbon, same stencil, same something.  Double Duty Again!  We will post both cards on our blog on the the 22nd of each month.  See-Double Duty again!  We will be sure to have fun getting doubly inky each month with a different stamp company.  Let’s have fun!

For January, the company we are using is Stampin' Up-- company all of us have many sets to chose from.  I picked a very sweet wood mounted stamp that reminds me of Kelly.  I few years ago she was looking for this stamp and had contacted Sarah, my demo, to keep an eye out for it.  A few months later, at the rummage for Camp Stamp-in-Oga, Sarah shows me the stamp that someone had for sale.  Now, I was on a mission to find the same stamp as it sure is cute.  I found one on eBay for a a pretty decent price--score! 



For my first card-the yellow one, I colored the sweet bouquet image with my Copic Sketch Markers  I die cut the image with Gina Marie Designs Stitched Ovals and added a yellow layer behind it.  The sentiment is called Free Snow and I used a Stampin' Up Oval Punch to cut it out.  The background patterned paper is fun striped pattern that I recently got from Kelly in a kit.  Some green enamel dots are the final touch.  




For my second card, the pink one, I used my colored pencils and Gamsol.  I have not used those for a long time and I like the soft look.  I die cut the image and layer with Whimsy Stamps Zig Zag Rectangle dies.   The background paper is also from Kelly and was included in the same kit I got earlier this month.  This time a banner of pink satin ribbon and pink enamel dots finish the card.  



I had a number of Double Duty elements on these cards. First, I used some cute and colorful patterned paper that Kelly recently sent me.  I used dies to cut out the image and layers for both cards, along with enamel dots.




Here is the inside of my cards:




I hope you enjoyed my card for our group.  Please be sure to check out the other Double Duty cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette'sDarlene and Carol's blogs.    I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of sets of great cards.  Our friend Kelly might occasionally post a card for our challenge, but she could not commit to the entire year.  So, check her blog to see if she did play along this month!

Hero Arts is up for our our February challenge, so be sure to check out our cards on the 22nd!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Love is Kindness

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Melon Mambo, Polished Pink; The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Recollections Patterned Paper 

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black; 

Accessories:   Copic Sketch Markers; Colored Pencils-Gamsol; Gina Marie Designs Stitched Oval Dies; Whimsy Stamps Zig Zag Rectangle Dies; Pink Satin Ribbon; Pink and Green Enamel Dots




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is one of my favorite SU stamps - I need to ink mine up again since it's been a while since I used it.

Your cards are so pretty - I love that you changed the colors on the tulips. The pink is so soft and the yellow so bold. Both look fabulous!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love these! Such a wonderful stamp, and I really love that you broke out the gamsol and pencils for the pink version. Very pretty. As Jeanette said, the yellow tulips are so bold and match the striped DP perfectly!

Carol W said...

Barb these are both wonderful cards. I love how you finished off the insides to match. Great way to start off the new year!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Barb - love the different colourways for the same image.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine