Thursday, January 27, 2022

Stamping Sisters Winter Camp 2022--Day 4


Can you believe it?  We are at day 4 and the final day of camp!  This is the brainchild of my good friend Kelly and when she asked three of us to join her at camp, we all jumped (slightly over an inch) and said YES!  And, it is the third time we have been camping together--Summer of 2020 (boy that one was hot!) and winter 2021--brrrr!  I am not sure what happened to the summer of 2021, but we are here now!



Here are our blogs and the days we were the camp counselors:

Monday/January 24th  ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay 
Tuesday/January 25th ~ Kelly @ Sandcastlestamper
Wednesday/January 26th ~ Barb (me!)  @ inkingintoretirement
Thursday/January 27th ~ Darlene @ Accordingtobijou

Final Day--Day 4 and Darlene is up today!   Her challenge for the day can be found on her blog along with a tutorial for making the card.  Each day one of us provided the directions and photos for our card and we hope you will join us.  Please Play Along--and remember, it is free to attend our camp!  Please fee free to go back and check out the classes for days 1, 2 and 3.

Darlene sent each of us each 2 fun colors of Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish, made by Creative Expressions, a UK company.   Thanks so much for sending this to each of us--so generous!   I had not see this product before and was excited to try it out.  Darlene raved about it, so before I even opened the ones she sent, I was off to JoAnn's website to order a few more colors.  Gotta have options, right?! 

So, please check out Darlene's blog to get all of the details on how to do this fun fold with sweet stenciling with Metallic Gilding Polish!  The fold is a form of a bridge fold and does lay flat for mailing.  The colors of the polish Darlene sent to me are Purple Mist and Silver Dream.  I applied the Silver Dream on two panels and set them aside to dry.  It only takes a few minutes to dry!  I then cut one of the sheets into panels for the three side of my "box".  I then picked a Gina K Designs stencil called Water Droplets and placed it over the three sections. I did use Pixie Spray on the back of my stencil and it did not harm the polished piece when I picked it up.  I added the layer of Purple Mist with the stencil and again used the brush inside of the cap of the Polish. I then trimmed the panels to fit the base of the card, using the measurements in Darlene's post.  I layered some purple Stardream Metallic cardstock behind the stenciled layer for a bit more shine--though the entire panel is already shiny!  I used a Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs die called Chunky Hello for the front panel.  The word is die cut from 2 leftover pieces of the silver polish and the backer is the Stardream Metallic.  I added some Gina K Designs Angel Aura Rhinestones as a final touch!   I have not added anything to the right panel as I am not sure what the occasion will be for this card.  Options! 


Here are a few more pictures of the way this card looks from a couple of different angles.


This one shows how the card stands up and the die placed in the middle of the center panel.




This one is from above.



This one shows the card folded flat.




I hope you have enjoyed my card. I invite you to join us by making your own card today.  Please check out Darlene's blog today to get her tips on how to make this fun fold card and you can use any medium you want for the stenciling!   And, be sure to check out Kelly and Jeanette's blog  today to see how well they did on this technique.  Go and have some fun!  

I really hope you have enjoyed our week of camping, stamping class.  And, I hope you do decide to make a few cards with one or all four of the fun techniques!  And, we do plan to be back for another camp this year--maybe one in the late spring or summer, when it is a bit warmer.  But, look out for the bugs!


Image/Sentiment:  Simon Says Stamp and CZ Designs Chunky Hello Die

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White, Stardream Metallic Purple; Stampin' Up Gorgeous Grape

Ink: None

Accessories:  Creative Expressions Cosmic Shimmer Metallic Gilding Polish--Purple Mist and Silver Dream; Gina K Designs Water Droplets Stencil, Angel Aurora Rhinestones




4 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is a real beauty! I love the colors you had to work with and the fun stencil you chose, too. What a great end to the Stamping Sisters Mini Card Camp!

Darlene LeTavec said...

STUNNING!!!!! Those colors are so rich together and are wonderful! Love that chunky Hello die and that you used some of the left over gilded card stock! I just knew that you would make a stunner, and I was right!

MiamiKel said...

Purple and silver! How amazing this is! Such a powerful punch this card packs! Like with the bold colors and that fabulous stencil - yikes, the second one I've seen with an elegant design (meanwhile, I'm the goofball this round!) LOVE the big hello as a focal point, too! Simply outstanding. I'm trying to think who that is in NFL language - maybe the Ravens, LOL See ya at the next camp! xo

Shelly Schmidt said...

Bet this card is even more incredible IRL! How cool is this card. Love the fold!