Saturday, January 1, 2022

Word of the Year




Happy, Happy New Year!  Welcome to 2022!

For the past few years, I have had a word of the year.  I picked it and thought of it often in January.  I did not post it on my blog, but it was in my mind.  Usually, in February, I will have thoughts of it, but by May-June, it was typically a distant memory........

For 2022, My Word of the Year is Intentional!

Definition of intentional

1done by intention or design INTENDED


Be Intentional--in all aspects of my life!  Card making is a major part of who I am and I will be led by the word intentional for 2022!  It will be done by intention or design-how appropriate is that word?!

My word is posted on the top of my right sidebar, so it will be very visible to me. I will be my mantra and part of my plans for 2022.  If you read the end of my blog post yesterday, there will be some changes on my blog with card creations.

These groups and/or challenges will continue in 2022:

One Plus Twelve--posting on the 3rd
Crafters of Faith--posting on the 7th
 The 3 Musketeers--posting on the 9th, 
 Hot Mess Equals Success--posting on the 12th
Dueling Darlings 2--posting on the 15th
 Double Duty--posting on the 22nd
Challenge your Stash--posting on the 28th
 
I am adding a couple of personal stamping challenges for 2022 by highlighting some companies that I own a boatload of stamps. Stampin' Up Sundays and Taylored Expressions Tuesdays will debut along with Floral Fridays.   These posts will happen at least once a month--hoping for two times every month!  I will continue with my gnome challenge as I have more to use--they are so dang cute!

And, there will be a Mission Possible Challenge three times in 2022.  We have another Stamping Sisters Mini Winter Camp scheduled in January and I am sure we will camp at least one more time in 2022! 

I am in two swaps on SCS-Splitcoast Stampers this year.  One is a monthly themed swap and the other is a bimonthly surprise image swap.  And, for the first time since 2008, I am not hosting a current swap or two.  And, I am not sure they will be back later this year.

My plan for 2022 will also include Quilting!  I will be intentional in getting my sewing machine out and leaving it out in the family room to work on the stack of quilting projects on a shelf.  This is not a New Year Resolution--just a plan to Make Some Quilts!  Done By Intention or Design--Check!



So--this is my 2022 plan at a glance!  Be Intentional!  I can do it!  

Do you have a word for 2022?  What is in your plans?  What are your tips for succeeding?  Share them in the comments please.

I hope you had a great New Year's Day!  Bring on 2022!  It will be great--Plan on It!




3 comments:

MiamiKel said...

LOVE this one! And those bright colors - you'll be reminded often of your intentional year ahead. I personally cannot wait for your quilts - and will hold you to this! (I'll be sewing a wee bit, but by hand!) YAY for all those groups and cards you'll continuing - you got this! Happy New Year, my friend <3

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... I love your word! You will do great things with it, I have no doubt! I also loved reading about new things coming and more quilting, too. I'll look forward to seeing your efforts in that venture!

kiwimeskreations said...

A great word Barb - and a great idea to put it on your blog so you see it frequently.
My word is STRONG - as in strong in the Lord. Zech 10 vs 12a
By my power I will make my people strong.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine