Friday, January 7, 2022

Floral Friday Debuts




Today is Friday and the start of one of my new personal challenges for 2022--Floral Fridays.  At least once a month, I will be posting a floral card as I have many, many floral images!  

This month, I am highlighting a set of cards that I made this week from the SCT-Scrapbook and Cards Today Crop and Create virtual event that was held in October.  I was not able to watch all of the classes live, so I am going through the videos to complete my cards.  That also means I get to empty the teal bin on the bookshelf  that has all of the items for the class--inks, stamps, dies, cardstock, embellishments, etc. It feels got to have an empty bin!  I think there are about 6 or 7 bins on the shelf, so I do have a few more classes from other events to also finish.  And--I get to add the new items to my stash.  Win-Win!

And, since I can stop the video to work, my plan is to make duplicates of each of the cards.  For this one, I decided since I was using my Misti and had the images ready to go, I would make 4 cards!  

These cards are from Cathy Z's Concord & 9th class.  She is such a good teacher and is a hoot!  The stamp and die set is called Grateful Blooms.  There are two parts to the image--the flowers are inked with Honeysuckle and the leaves are in Sprout.  I stamped and heat embossed the word Grateful, then die cut it with the backer die.  The words For You were also heat embossed and die cut with the tiny rectangle die.  I did not add any embellishments, but I am now thinking I might add a few rhinestones or enamel dots!




Thanks for a fun class Cathy Z!  I am on the second card and I am also making 4 of those.  They too are floral, so you might see them on a Friday, later this month!  

Image/Sentiment:  Concord & 9th Grateful Blooms Stamp and Die Set--This came from the Scrapbook & Cards Today Crop and Create Virtual Event 10/2021

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Concord & 9th Honeysuckle, Sprout

Ink: Versamark and White Embossing Powder

Accessories: 
  None-yet




5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are so pretty - love the colors and cheerfulness! Great class.

Debby Kuster said...

This is a very bright colored flower card. Very nicely done

kiwimeskreations said...

What a lovely set of cards Barb - and a great way to get maximum benefit from the class and your supplies. Well done on the aim to empty your bins.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Oh Barb! I love your floral Friday debut! This is a burst of beauty and a lovely design and I am loving what you share from all of your fabulous classes! I hope I can be like you when I grow up :)

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I also love floral images and have a bunch. I need to set myself a schedule to make cards.