Monday, January 10, 2022

News Flash



This is my January card for the monthly themed swap that Terry is hosting on SCS. Each month she will post a theme and we make cards using any stamp set we believe follows that thought. This is our 67th month and the theme for January  "Use Your Words" 

I picked on of my many Stampin' Up sets and decided to go with a more masculine color theme. I picked the birthday themed set called Approaching Perfection--it has many fun sentiments and images!  I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy and the candle in Pumpkin Pie.  I die cut that from Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 dies--one of the first set of dies I think I ever purchased!  The background is Stampin' Up's Travel Journal Designer Series Paper. I added a strip of Pumpkin Pie 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon and some kraft colored enamel dots.  I think this is a fun card and a sweet birthday card.



Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of the patterned paper:




I hope Terry and the others swappers like my card this month too! Terry has posted all of the 2022 themes, so be sure to come back to see what we create!  

Image/Sentiment: Stampin' Up Approaching Perfection

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Pumpkin Pie, Travel Journal Designer Series Paper

Ink:  Stampin' Up Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie

Accessories:  Stampin' Up 5/8" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4 Dies; Kraft Enamel Dots



2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, you've captured the "Use Your Words" theme beautifully with this fun birthday card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card Barb - love that sentiment - that's such fun, and beautifully paired with the candles and paper.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine