Monday, January 24, 2022

Stamping Sisters Winter Camp 2022-Day 1


Are you ready for Camp?  Yes, we are heading to camp, though this is a virtual one and everyone is invited to attend.  This is the brainchild of my good friend Kelly and when she asked three of us to join her at camp, we all jumped (slightly over an inch) and said YES!  And, it is the third time we have been camping together--Summer of 2020 (boy that one was hot!) and winter 2021--brrrr!  I am not sure what happened to the summer of 2021, but we are here now!



Here are our blogs and the days we are going to be the camp counselor:

Monday/January 24th  ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay 
Tuesday/January 25th ~ Kelly @ Sandcastlestamper
Wednesday/January 26th ~ Barb (me!)  @ inkingintoretirement
Thursday/January 27th ~ Darlene @ Accordingtobijou

So, Jeanette is up today!   Her challenge for the day can be found on her blog along with a tutorial for making the card.  Each day one of us will provide the directions and photos for our card and we hope you will join us.  We might be stretching into new techniques or revisit some that are a bit older.  We do know it will be a toboggan load of fun!  Please Play Along--and remember, it is free to attend our camp!  

Jeanette gave us these directions:  The idea to feature embossing folders came to me as I was organizing (and purging) my huge collection of embossing folders. I realized I rarely ever use them. It is time they see some action so I knew for my challenge, three things had to be present...

1. The embossing folder/s MUST be the star of the card.

2. No stamped images are allowed on the card.

3. Sentiments are optional.

One of the items we had chatted about when sending in our supply lists was a new item that Jeanette recently purchased--metallic rub-ons.  She did not say we needed it, but it seems that all three of us have since made a purchase of this item.  The only item on Jeanette's supply list was an embossing folder.  No need to buy one, as I have loads.  

I decided to use the rub-ons and also took Jeanette's advice and went with black cardstock.  I used the folder as Jeanette did--Stampin' Ups Tin Tile and then also did a second panel with Stampin' Ups Maps, etc.  I used the color Colonial on the the Map card, with a Sizzix Tim Holtz Globe Die.  I then used the Brass colored rub-on with the Tin Tile card and gold cording. I also added a layer of The Paper Gold Mirricard cardstock behind the Tin Tile panel.   On both cards I added a sentiment from Taylored Expressions Simple Strips in Reverse-Everyday Occasions.   






I hope you have enjoyed my cards. I invite you to join us by making your own card today.  Please check out Jeanette's blog today to get her tips on how to make these beautiful metallic backgrounds.  And, be sure to check out Darlene and Kelly's blog later today to see how well they did on this technique.  Go and have some fun!  

Kelly is up as our counsellor tomorrow, so be sure to check her blog in the morning to see what we have in store for our camping, stamping class.  I hope you join us for our week of winter camping!


Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Simple Strips in Reverse Everyday Occasions/Sizzix Tim Holtz Globe Die

Cardstock:  Stampin' Up Basic Black; The Paper Cut Gold Mirricard

Ink:  None

Accessories:  Stampin' Up Tin Tile and Maps, etc. Embossing Folders; Jim Allred Metallic Rub-ons, Color Kit #2; Gold Cording



5 comments:

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love these! They are fantastic cards for men, but I would love them too, so I guess they are completely versatile. Such rich detail from the metallic rub on pigments. The sentiment strips are perfect for these. Super job!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh what beauties!!! Those metallics with the embossing folders you chose are gorgeous! And the sentiment strips are just enough to add to the beauty but not overtake. You did an outstanding job, Barb!

BTW, I love your write up, too... so playful and fun!

MiamiKel said...

Oh these are FANCY! Love the globe - such a brilliant idea to use that! The embossing folders were sheer lovelies - and the shimmer is a perfect balance. This is the first time you've used these? Dang - you're a natural! Make sure to make some more because I think you found your medium calling! GORG!
Crafty camp hugs! xo

kiwimeskreations said...

WOW Barb, these are so dramatic - love the way you have used the embossing folders and the metallic rub-ons.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is so fabulous- the cards and the technique using the metallic rub ons- have not used these in ages, but what cool effect they add to your EF!!! Fabulous!