Friday, January 21, 2022

Floral Friday with Concord & 9th




Today is Friday and I have another set of cards for one of my new personal challenges for 2022--Floral Fridays.  At least once a month, I will be posting a floral card as I have many, many floral images!  

For the second time this month, I am highlighting two sets of cards that I made this week from the SCT-Scrapbook and Cards Today Crop and Create Delivered virtual event that was held in October.  I was not able to watch all of the classes live, so I am going through the videos to complete my cards.  That also means I get to empty the teal bin on the bookshelf  that has all of the items for the class--inks, stamps, dies, cardstock, embellishments, etc. It feels got to have an empty bin!  I think there are about 6 or 7 bins on the shelf, so I do have a few more classes from other events to also finish.  And--I get to add the new items to my stash.  Win-Win!

And, since I can stop the video to work, my plan is to make duplicates of each of the cards.  For these two, I decided since I was using my Misti and had the images ready to go, I would make 4 cards of one set and three of the second set.  The second set has paper piecing and it sure was a slow process, so I am happy I picked three to do!

Both of these sets of cards are from Cathy Z's Concord & 9th class. The stamp and die set is called Grateful Blooms. For the Grateful for you cards, I used two ink colors for the two parts to the image--the flowers and the leaves.  I then die cut the image with the included circle frame.  I also stamped additional leaves and layered them under the circle.  I stamped and heat embossed the word Grateful, then die cut it with the backer die.  The words For You were also heat embossed and die cut with the tiny rectangle die. I embossed the white layer with my Stampin' Up Subtle Folder and die cut the layer with Gina K Master Layouts 2.




The second set of three cards used the circle die, which was cut from white and three additional colors of cardstock. I then paper pierced each of the colors in the three circles--yes it was a long process!!!!  The words Thank You were also heat embossed and die cut with the backer.  I embossed the blue background layer with my Stampin' Up Subtle Folder and die cut the layer with my MFT-My Favorite Things Blueprints die.



Thanks for a fun class Cathy Z!  I have now completed all of my cards from your class and actually completed all of the Crop and Create Delivered Classes.  And, the next one is coming up the end of March, so I get to make more cards again!

Image/Sentiment:  Concord & 9th Grateful Blooms Stamp and Die Set--This came from the Scrapbook & Cards Today Crop and Create Virtual Event 10/2021

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 110# White; Concord & 9th Honeysuckle, Sprout, Aqua Sky

Ink: Versamark and White Embossing Powder

Accessories: 
  None-yet




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, these are gorgeous! I am glad you're working on the cards from the event... such beauties!

kiwimeskreations said...

Two beautiful sets of cards Barb - what a lot of paper piecing, but a wonderful result
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine