Saturday, January 15, 2022

We Are Back!



The Dueling Darlings Are Back!  Yes, the name of the group that was founded 10 years ago is back and there are a few of us that are the original members.  We will still post on the 15th.  There are 8 of us now, so we will not have a card every single month of the year.  Kelly and Jeanette are still our team leaders and they try so hard to keep us all in line and going strong!  On team Kelly are Terry (welcome back!), Carol and me.  Team Jeanette consists of Lorraine (welcome to our newest member!), Darlene and Tracie.  And, we are all Dueling Darlings, part 2!  I cannot believe this has been going on for 10 years and still actively posting a card each month on the 15th!  Kelly and Jeanette sent out the January kits for our first challenge of 2022.  The theme this month reflects the first kits Kelly and Jeanette sent us all those years ago............................



10 years ago, the first challenge was ice cream.  Jeanette thought it would be fun this month to make it Strawberry Ice Cream!  Kelly sent us this sweet Colorado Craft Company image called Ice Cream Day.  She die cut one of the images and that is the one I picked.  She also included some fun and colorful patterned papers, along with some cute ribbon and bling.  

I colored the cute die cut mouse with my Copic Sketch Markers.  I thought he/she would look fun peaking out from a circle.  I die cut the panel with a Penny Black Stitched Circle and then embossed the panel with a Cuttlebug Folder called Wedding Suite Diamonds. I picked that folder as it reminded me of the ice cream cone! I used foam tape behind the pink panel, so the sweet mouse is peaking from behind the circle!  The sentiment was one of the three Kelly sent us and I die cut it with a Taylored Expressions banner die.  The ribbon I picked from the ones Kelly sent is a sweet pink gingham.  I added 3 pink buttons and this is one of Kelly's favorite embellishments to use on cards.  I think they are the perfect touch for this card!    This was fun card to make!



Here is the inside of my card, on a layer of the pretty patterned paper that Kelly sent:



I hope all of the Dueling Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what fun strawberry creations are posted!  All of the blogs can be found on my left sidebar.  Our teammate Lorraine does not have a blogs, so please check out her card in her SCS gallery.   I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!  


Image/Sentiment:  Colorado Craft Company Ice Cream Day

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  White; Stampin' Up Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, Fresh Freesia; Assorted Patterned Papers

Ink:  Hero Arts Intense Black

Accessories:  Copic Sketch Markers; Taylored Expressions Banner Die; Pink Gingham Ribbon;  Pink Buttons; Penny Black Stitched Circle Die; Cuttlebug Wedding Suite Diamond Embossing Folder




7 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is just so cute - I love love love the embossing folder you used. It gives such class as well as dimension to the background. Your circle highlights the adorable little ice cream critter, too.

It's so good to be able to continue to duel with you!

Tracie said...

So cute Barb. Love the embossing folder.

Darlene LeTavec said...

What a fun card! Love the yellow background color for the image - it really draws the eye against the bright pink embossed panel. I also really like the circle window. You're right, those buttons are so Kelly! Nice job all around!

MiamiKel said...

Barb, you are an amazing partner in crime for the DD2! How sweet tis is! Love the bright pop of pink and the gorgeous coloring. Way to start off the DD2 with this cutie!

kiwimeskreations said...

A gorgeous card Barb - and it certainly is ice cream kind of days here at the moment!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

Barb I love the card you made with the kit we got from Kelly. The layout is wonderful and I love how you used the ribbon on the front. The inside is just as pretty. Great job!

Lorraine said...

I'm all about pink so I love your card! Great job!