Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Hot Mess = Success



Today is the 12th and it is time for another Hot Mess card.  This is card number 31 and we are well into year #3. The idea of Hot Mess ~ Success started with Kelly and the general theme is to Get Messy and you will have Success!  Messiness can be almost anything that we come up with--glitter, alcohol inks, glimmer glitz, sponged backgrounds, etc., anything that is a bit messy.  We are a group of 6 and we will post a card each month on the 12th.  The links to the other 5 members are on my left side bar and I will also link them at the bottom at this post.




For this month's messiness, I am using one of my backgrounds I made with my gel press.  I took a Lydia class as she is the queen of the gel press and I had a blast.  I am not sure of the colors of paint on this panel, but they are a bit beachy!  I wish I was at a beach this month instead of in temperatures below zero!   I then used a Taylored Expressions Framed Scrip Hello Die and cut three frames to stack for dimension.  I then added a sweet sentiment strip as it sure seems I am sending out lots of cards like this lately!  I added some enamel dots as the final touch.   I really like the look of this card and hope you do too.  I also sure hope my fellow messy ladies liked it too!




Here is the inside of my card, with a strip colorful paper:



Here are the links to the other members of Hot Mess ~ Success.  Please be sure to check out Jeanette's, Terry'sKelly's , Carol's and Darlene's blogs. I am sure you will enjoy seeing how everyone got messy and was successful in making some great cards!   Be sure to check back to see what we are up to on February 12th.  

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Framed Script Hello Die/Sentiment Strip 

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay, Cool Caribbean

Ink:  Acrylic Paints

Accessories:  Blue Enamel Dots



5 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, this is so pretty - love the background you created with your gel press. It looks fabulous!

Darlene LeTavec said...

I love the colors and the overall tone of the card! I don't know a thing about Gel Press, but it sure looks like you know what you're doing. It's very pretty!

MiamiKel said...

Yes! I get the beach vibe! How funny we both went to the ocean with our cards! LOVE this technique - I haven't used my gel press in forever. Such a fun card - Love it!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Barb - love your gorgeous background!! You finished it in such a way that it really is the star of your card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

WOW WOW WOW Barb am loving this card. I really like the background and I really thing the color combo looks beachy.