Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Stamping Sisters Winter Camp 2022-Day 2


Are you ready for Camp, Day 2?  Yes, we are heading to camp, though this is a virtual one and everyone is invited to attend.  This is the brainchild of my good friend Kelly and when she asked three of us to join her at camp, we all jumped (slightly over an inch) and said YES!  And, it is the third time we have been camping together--Summer of 2020 (boy that one was hot!) and winter 2021--brrrr!  I am not sure what happened to the summer of 2021, but we are here now!



Here are our blogs and the days we are going to be the camp counselor:

Monday/January 24th  ~ Jeanette @ Creativeplay 
Tuesday/January 25th ~ Kelly @ Sandcastlestamper
Wednesday/January 26th ~ Barb (me!)  @ inkingintoretirement
Thursday/January 27th ~ Darlene @ Accordingtobijou

So, Day 2 and Kelly is up today!   Her challenge for the day can be found on her blog along with a tutorial for making the card.  Each day one of us will provide the directions and photos for our card and we hope you will join us.  We might be stretching into new techniques or revisit some that are a bit older.  We do know it will be a toboggan load of fun!  Please Play Along--and remember, it is free to attend our camp!  

Kelly told us we are going to get ripped today and would need:  White Tissue paper, a solid stamps, a couple of inks, a card base and a panel, some spray adhesive and maybe a sentiment strip.  

I have never seen a technique like this and it sure was fun.  I thought I would go with fall colors, using my Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves Ink pad.  I then picked the Gorgeous Leaves stamp set by Stampin' Up.  I put my pieces of white tissue paper in my Mini Misti and stamped four of the images a few times.  I then let them dry a bit while I covered my panel with another sheet of white tissue paper.  I then placed the leaves on the panel in the pattern I like.  I took them off and sprayed the entire panel with Elmer's Spray Adhesive. I put all of the leaves back in place and a few times I had to add a bit of spray to the top of a leave if another one was placed on top.  The sentiment strip is from Simon Says Stamp.  I added some orange enamel dots as a final touch!     



I hope you have enjoyed my card. I invite you to join us by making your own card today.  Please check out Kelly's blog today to get her tips on how to make these ripped card and she also has a video for you to watch also!  And, be sure to check out Darlene and Jeanette's blog later today to see how well they did on this technique.  Go and have some fun!  

I am up as our counsellor tomorrow, so be sure to check back here in the morning to see what we have in store for our camping, stamping class.  I hope you join us for our week of winter camping!


Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Gorgeous Leaves/Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Strip

Cardstock:  The Paper Cut Cougar Opaque 100# White;

Ink: Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves

Accessories:  White Tissue Paper; Elmer's Spray Adhesive; Orange Enamel Dots




4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

WHHHHHHHAT! OMGOSH my jaw just DROPPED! This is a gorgeous autumnal creation! Love the leaves and beautiful earthy colors of fall - wow! You NAILED it my friend and this is a gem from the texture, colors, design - A++++ for your excellent camp card! Crafty hugs xo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Such a beauty! Barb, I love those leaves in their fall splendor. Gorgeous!!!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Holy Cow!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL! Autumn colors are my absolute favorites and this card really shows why! Tissue paper is perfect for the leaves, it makes them so realistic. I also admire how your card looks like everything has just floated gently down on a Fall day. Super job on this!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb I love this stunning card - the leaves look amazing there!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine