Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Bit of Humor


It is the 15th of the month and that means I am showing you a new Dueling Darlings card.  For our July Challenge, Tracie and I are the hostesses. Tracie is a Dazzler and I am a Diva.   And we are all Dueling Darlings!  And, we have been doing this since August of 2010--so we are one month away from our 10th anniversary!

The theme for July is a bit of humor.  We Tracie and I decided that everyone needed some smiles and laughs for the summer of 2020! I sent this fun image from Crackerbox &  Suzy Designs called Sharing News.  The sentiments I sent are also from the same company.  Fun Fact--this company is based in Janesville, WI, about 40 minutes from me.  They do not have a Brick and Mortar store, but a fun website.  I also sent various black and white sheets of pretty patterned paper along with a variety of fun embellishments. This was fun card kit to make up and I hope the other Divas thought the card was fun to make!  

I left the image un-inked to work with the black and white patterned paper.  I die cut the image and a layer of Black with my Spellbinder Circle Dies.  I added the black grosgrain ribbon and some black rhinestones on the sentiment.


Here is the inside of my card:





I hope all of the Darlings enjoy my card this month. Please be sure to stop in to see what all of the Divas as well the Dazzlers have created this month.  Jeanette and Kelly are the hostesses for August--our 10 year anniversary.  Tin is the traditional gift, so maybe we will have some tin tile for our cards!  Please be sure to check back next month.

There are a few members who do not have blogs: Suzy and LJ who are on the Diva team and Debby and 
Terry S who are Dazzlers.  You will be able to check out their creations in their SCS gallery, if you click on the link for their name.  All of the others should be found on my left sidebar.  I am sure you will enjoy all of the wonderful creations this month!

Image/Sentiment:  Crackerbox & So Suzy Stamps Sharing News and Coordinating Sentiments

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest 110# Solar White; Basic Black; Paper Studio Buffalo Check Patterned Paper

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Spellbinders Circle Dies; Black Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Bling




8 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Barb, your card is awesome - I love the black/white. It is perfect with the image! And yes, the sentiment cracks me up! I own some Crackerbox stamps but didn't realize they were based so close to you. Interesting!

Tracie said...

So funny that we used the same stamp company for our cards. Your card just cracked me up. I just love the sentiment.

Suzy Sprague said...

Barb....love the total black and white for your card. It looks great! This was a great kit!

terry serman said...

So true! Love the black and white plaid!

MiamiKel said...

Love the pretty paper choice for your card - the squares of the paper and the circular image give this such a great pairing! Thanks for sending us some funny times :)

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Super cute card barb thanks for setting such a fun kit this month

kiwimeskreations said...

Absolutely love your card Barb - very clever use of the black and white to go with the fun image and sentiment
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very fun image and funny sentiment. I'll have to go check out this company- have not heard of them before! Love the black/white theme- very stunning!