Friday, July 24, 2020

Slimline Fever


Today I am joining in the fever and excitement of slimline cards.  I have resisted for a few months, but I have seen so many awesome cards online.  And, so many companies are coming out with dies for the layers for these cards--and you all know that I love layers!  I placed an order recently with Creek Bank Creations after seeing a virtual presentation a few weeks ago.  

I first die-cut my layers with a set of slim stitched rectangle dies from Creek Bank.  I then picked the Sprinkles Flow 6x6 stencil from A Colorful Life and it did fit pretty well on the entire layer.  I used 4 colors of Tim Holtz Distress Oxides and did move the stencil to the edges after doing the main part of the layer.  I then picked a sweet Stampin' Up stamp set called Flower Patch and the coordinating die set Flower Flair for the images.  I inked up the stamps with some fun Stampin' Up inks and die cut the flowers and leaves.  The sentiment is from the same set.  



Here is the inside of my card with a strip of washi tape:


I hope you enjoyed my card and I know I am going to be making more slim-line cards in the future. I have some dies coming soon from another company, so stay tuned!

Image/Sentiment:  Stampin' Up Flower Patch and coordinating Flower Flair Dies

Cardstock:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar White; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Gorgeous Grape

Ink: Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Gorgeous Grape, Pear Pizazz, Early Espresso; Tim Holtz Oxide Inks Spun Sugar, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet

Accessories:  Creek Bank Creations Slim Stitched Rectangles; A Colorful Life Sprinkles Fun Stencil




2 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! This is a gorgeous slimline card, Barb! I love it!!!

Carol W said...

Great card Barb. Love the color combination and the slim line card. Great job!