Sunday, July 5, 2020

Delicate Rose Stems


This is a card I made using my new Karin Brushmarker Pro Watercolor Markers.  I am getting more used to them and I love the vivid colors.  I picked an older Hero Arts wood mounted stamps called Delicate Rose Stems. I stamped the image on Strathmore Watercolor Paper and then used my Aqua-painter to pick up color from my markers that I put in a palette.  Tomorrow I am posting another card where I used the same stamp and a different technique and it does look a bit different.  For the background, I sponged Tim Holtz Spun Sugar Distress Oxide Ink over the Diamond Ladders stencil from A Colorful Life Designs.  A few green sequins add an additional pop of color.  I really like the look of this card!  



Here is the inside of my card:



Image/Sentiment:  Hero Arts Delicate Rose Stems/Inky Antics Sentiment

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor White; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green

Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Spun Sugar Ink

Accessories:  A Colorful Life Designs Diamond Ladders Stencil; Karin Brushmarker Pro Watercolor Markers; Green Sequins




2 comments:

Margaret said...

This is so very lovely. Beautiful image and coloring and I love the sentiment. Great job.

kiwimeskreations said...

A stunning card Barb - love the soft, graphic background you have created, that contrasts so well with the image
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine