Saturday, July 4, 2020

Happy 4th of July


This is a fun card to celebrate the holiday today!  Today is a special day as it is my dad's birthday and we always had a picnic at the farm when he was alive.  After he passed in 1989, I took on the tradition of holding the family party.  Last year we had 46 family and close friends attending the cookout!  We decided that we could not hold it this year so we will sure have a huge bash in 2021.  We are going to go to a friend's house for a cookout and will have the traditional Brads, Italians, Hash Brown Casserole, Baked Beans and a few beers!

I made a card using the Taylored Expression Land of the Free die that I am posting on the 8th and I used the frame of the USA for this card.  The sentiment is from the Home of the Brave stamp set and I used my coordinating Simple Strips Dies and Backers to cut it out.  The blue star patterned paper is Reminisce and is called G'Day--the backside is actually Australian words!   The final touch are some red sequins.  I really like the look of this card!  And, be sure to check out my card next Wednesday to see the "other half" of the die!


Here is the inside of my card:



Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Home of the Brave

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Class Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Night of Navy; Reminisce G'Day Patterned Paper

Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red,

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Land of the Free Die, Simple Strips and Backer Dies; Red Sequins




1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love how you have used the negative die cut Barb - a striking card with the bold colours and patterns - very patriotic
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine