Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Crafters of Faith


This is my July Crafters of Faith card.  This is a great group that my friend Kelly started on SCS and we are well in our 4th year.  Kelly is the hostess this month and gave everyone this challenge:

Scripture:  Psalm 33:12 (KJV) Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Challenge:  July is often remembered for the 4th of July, backyard BBQ's, picnics and school being out for the summer! Let's take a moment to reflect that it also means a great freedom for all of us and celebrate spiritually as well. Create a card/project with a flag somewhere on it - either a stamp, die cuts, the colors red/white/and blue!

I picked a Taylored Expression stamp set called Home of the Brave that I got last year but have not inked up yet. I used my Stampin' Up Real Red and Night of Navy spots to ink up the image as they are much easier to control that full sized ink pads.  I then die cut the image with the coordinating die called Land of the Free.  The blue background is embossed with one of my favorite folders--Subtle Dynamic from Stampin' Up.  The sentiment is also from the same set and I added a few Navy Glitter Enamel Dots as an embellishment. I really like the look of this card!  And, if you look back at my 4th of July card, you will see that I used the frame of the die cut on another card, so be sure to check it out!


Here is the inside of my card, with a strip of Patriot Patterned Paper:


I hope Kelly and the others from the Crafters of Faith group like my card this month!  We are to post between the 7th and 10th of each month, so if you look on my sidebar, you may see other creations.  I know that there will be many posted in the COF thread on SCS too!  Liz is up for our August challenge, so be sure to check back to see what I create!

Image/Sentiment:  Taylored Expressions Home of the Brave

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Class Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Night of Navy;

Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Night of Navy

Accessories:  Taylored Expressions Land of the Free Die;  Stampin' Up Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder; Blue Glitter Enamel Dots




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

WOW! Your card is gorgeous, Barb! I love that USA. It looks fabulous!

Carol W said...

Great card with a wonderful sentiment. And so true. Well done my friend both inside and out.

kiwimeskreations said...

Well done on two cards from one die cut Barb - a great card with those rich colours
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine