Thursday, July 16, 2020

Ready, Set, Go!


Today is the day AFTER the third Wednesday of the month and this is my Ready, Set, Go Challenge Card! The 3 Musketeers--Kelly, Jeanette and me--are back with another challenge for July, our 39th month!  That means we are into our 4th year--YAY!



Jeanette provided the challenge for July: We are celebrating Jeanette's dad’s 90th birthday.  This is what she wrote:

My dad's birthday is in July. He was born July 27, 1930. The Ready Set Go theme for July will require a little research. My dad will be celebrating a milestone birthday later this month so in honor of him I want you to find some fact about the year he was born (1930) and use it as inspiration for your card. Easy peasy, right?

 

Need a jump start? Here are a few things I learned about 1930 (BUT you are not limited to these ideas!)…The Mickey Mouse comic strip made its first appearance on January 13, 1930..


Ready? Set? Go!

I did read all of the remaining dates and items that Jeanette listed, but I went right back to the first one--Mickey Mouse!  I have a few very old stamps with Mickey and Minnie, along with some fun patterned paper and of course, a mouse ears cap brad!

I picked a fun stamp from Rubber Stampede called Mickey Presents--I love this iconic and traditional look of Mickey!  I colored Mickey with my Copic Sketch Markers and layered with the same colorful cardstock as I used for the stamp. The patterned paper is from EK Success called Disney-Mickey Icon Outlines. The sentiment is from the Short & Sweet stamp set by Stampin' Up.  The mouse ear hat brads is the final touch along with some yellow baker's twine and black nail heads.


It sure was a fun card to make and I hope the Jeanette thinks I honored her dad.

Here is the inside of my card:


Please be sure to check out the other Ready, Set, Go cards.  Here is a link to Jeanette's and Kelly's blog.  I am sure you will not be disappointed and will see a couple of great cards! I hope Kelly and Jeanette like my card. Kelly is up for the next theme, so be sure to check back to see what we are up to on the 3rd Wednesday in August! 

Image/Sentiment: Rubber Stampede Mickey Presents/Stampin' Up Short & Sweet

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Neenah Classic Crest Solar 110# White; Stampin' Up Real Red, Yo-yo Yellow, Basic Black; EK Success Disney-Mickey Icon Outlines

Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black

Accessories:  Black Nail-heads; Mouse ears hat brad; Yellow Baker's Twine; Stampin' Up Mini Banner Punch; Copic Sketch Markers




3 comments:

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Oh Barb... lucky you. You were able to go right to #1. LOL! (I didn't have any Mickey Mouse stamps or I might have done that, too.)

And your card - WOW! It's adorably fun! I love the Mickey and he looks like we're ready to celebrate in a big way!

Carol W said...

This is a great card Barb. It is bright and cheery yet clean and simple. Everything works so well together. Great job!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card to celebrate such an awesome event from 1930 Barb - love that you have kept to the traditional Micky, and your paper is perfect!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine