Monday, July 6, 2020

Another Karin Marker Card



This is the second card I recently made using my new Karin Brushmarker Pro Watercolor Markers.  I am getting more used to them and I love the vivid colors.  
I picked an older Hero Arts wood mounted stamps called Delicate Rose Stems. I stamped the image on Strathmore Watercolor Paper.  This time I scribbled some color directly on the image on the watercolor paper and then used my Aqua-painter to move the color around.  Yesterday I posted a card where I used the same stamp and a different technique and it does look a bit different.  For the background, I sponged Tim Holtz Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Inks over the Watercolor Brushstrokes stencil from Picket Fence--seems to be an appropriate stencil to use with these makers!  I also added a doily from Stampin' Up, a strip of green satin ribbon and again a few green sequins add an additional pop of color.  I really like the look of this card!  


Here is the inside of my card with a sentiment from Inky Antics:



Image/Sentiment:  Hero Arts Delicate Rose Stems/Inky Antics Sentiment

Cardstock/Patterned Paper:  Strathmore Watercolor White; Stampin' Up Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green

Ink:  Versafine Black Onyx; Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Festive Berries and Worn Lipstick Inks

Accessories:  Picket Fence Watercolor Brushstrokes Stencil; Karin Brushmarker Pro Watercolor Markers; Green Sequins; Stampin' Up Doily and Green Satin Ribbon




3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Barb this is stunning - that background stencil is wonderful - I honestly thought you had painted the lines! Yes, the flowers do look different on this card - a softer effect overall
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

wow wow wow. Love this card. Great job coloring.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such lovely flowers on this beautiful card, Barb!